Saturday 26 June 2010

Upgrading

I've upgraded my Ubuntu machine at home to Lucid without any major issues.

I like the new look and feel and would probably make the effort to get used to the new window button positioning, were it not for the fact that I have to use Fedora at work (plus Windows occasionally at work and at home).

Gwibber is a promising addition, although it isn't quite as robust as I would like; it took several attempts and a detailed examination of bug reports in Launchpad before I could successful add my Facebook account to it.

I've also discovered that screen lock no longer works properly after having upgraded from the open source fglrx graphics card driver to the proprietary version.

On the plus side, sound works better than it did before; I seem to have much better control over volume than was the case in Karmic.

No comments:

Post a Comment